Remove Backup checkpoints from a Hyper-V VM
Get-VMSnapshot -ComputerName “MyHyperVHost” -VMName “VMWithLingeringBackupCheckpoint”
Get-VMSnapshot -ComputerName “MyHyperVHost” -VMName “VMWithLingeringBackupCheckpoint” | Remove-VMSnapshot
How to boot from ISO, Hyper-V Gen2
- Create a Gen2 VM.
- Create a vhdx and inserting (in creation process) the ISO file.
- Try to boot the machine holding down the space bar (the machine not boot)
- Turn off the machine
- Edit the machine settings
- Uncheck “Secure Boot”
- Put the DVD in position 0 from the SCSI order.
- Put VHDX in the position 1 from the SCSI order
- The most important: Remove the network adapter.
- Start the machine HOLDING DOWN THE SPACEBAR.
- Install the OS.
- After the OS installation, turn off the machine and recreate the network adapter (if you need that).